Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
CONNECT BEAUTY 2012
Thursday, April 26, 2012 from 6:00 PM to 10:00 PM (EDT)
Celebrating the Unity of Beauty, Health, Sustainability, and Style
Thursday, April 26 from 6-10pm
Centre for Social Innovation Annex (720 Bathurst Street, south of Bloor)
Passionate about merging sustainability with style? Ready to update your natural beauty regimen before summer? Just in time for the new season, the 2nd annual CONNECT BEAUTY fashion event will celebrate the glamorous, natural and eco-conscious trends of spring 2012. Presented by the Women’s Healthy Environments Network (WHEN) and Fashion Takes Action, CONNECT BEAUTY will showcase the chic flair of sustainable, toxic-free beauty.
Join old and new friends for an eclectic evening, which includes:
- sustainable runway fashions
- the chance to bid on eco-friendly silent auction items
- exciting raffle prizes
- delicious food and beverages
- and an array of vendors offering environmentally-conscious personal care products, cosmetics, clothing and jewellery
- Olivia Chow - MP, Trinity- Spadina
- Jed Goldberg - President, Earth Day Canada
- Julia Langer - CEO, Toronto Atmospheric Fund
- Tonya Surman - Founding Executive Director, Centre for Social Innovation, and Ashoka Fellow
- Lori Stahlbrand - Founding Executive Director of Local Food Plus
- Lauren Baker - Vice Chair at Food Secure Canada
- Yvonne Bambrick - Coordinator of Pedestrian Sundays, and Kensington Market & Forest Hill Village BIAs
- Melanie Redman - Executive Director of Project CANOE, 2012 DiverseCity Fellow
- Chris Chopik - Ecopreneur and Consultant, Evolution Green
- Rosemarie Powell- Founding Executive Director of Big on Green
- Janet McKay - Founding Executive Director of LEAF
- Franke James - Author, Artist & Public Speaker
- Jim Harris - Best selling author, Public Speaker, Former Federal Leader of the Green Party
- Min Sook Lee - Award Winning Documentary Filmmaker
- Laura Reinsborough - Founding Executive Director of Not Far from the Tree
- Joyce McLean - Director Strategic Issues, Toronto Hydro
- Sarah Elton - The Locavore - Author & Food Columnist for CBC Radio
Thursday, April 26th, 2012 from 6:00pm – 10:00pm
Centre for Social Innovation Annex, Toronto (720 Bathurst Street, south of Bloor)
$15 limited early bird, $25 in advance, $35 at the door
For More Info:
Join us on:
When & Where
WHEN & FTA
Fashion Takes Action is Canada's only non-profit organization that focuses on sustainability in the fashion industry. We work with both industry and the general public, with the goal to shift behaviour toward more positive social and environmental impacts.
The Women's Healthy Environments Network (WHEN) aspires to a vision where every person be able to live free of exposure to environmental health risks. Recognizing that environmental promotion can be achieved through our everyday choices and decisions, WHEN connects women to the vital tools and information which will inspire and empower us to to take action for prevention.